Twitter will launch paid subscription, Vitalik donates >1b, Shopify’s policy, Preparing for 2030 #251 - Exponential View
Happy Monday comrades. Kale on Friday: Urban>Sprawl
Before going public earlier this year, Coinbase announced being a ‘mission focused company’, and it brought pushback. Basecamp just recently followed suit, and over a third of the company quit. Tobias Lütke, Founder and chief commander at Shopify took a stance on the topic.
Preparing for 2030 #251 - Exponential View by Azeem Azhar
What do the next ten years hold? Zaeem Azhar writes one of my favorite substacks analyzing the future. In episode #251, Azeem lists 10 predictions about what the next 10 years will hold.
1) Climate change will be the dominant narrative.
2) Our geopolitics will continue to fragment and this will result in more conflict.
3) In what we have generally thought of as the West, we’ll rethink the shape and purpose of our economies.
4) We’ll see the rise of new digital commons, economic institutions that are neither public- nor private- sector.
5) World trade will face a troika of headwinds.
6) Cities will become relatively more important.
7) We’ll eat far less meat.
8 ) The big tech companies, particularly Facebook, Google and Amazon, will work aggressively to increase their footprint over the coming years.
9) AI will be everywhere
10) During the 2020s there will be a generational shift
Read issue #251 and his book exponential view comes in September.